Matthew joined Setfords in March 2012 specialising in Town and Country Planning, Environmental and other general public and regulatory law. Matthew is as comfortable advising individuals, amenity groups and local authorities with planning and environmental issues as he is advising major developers and commercial concerns. He advises on
- Planning applications and appeals
- Planning agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy liability
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Enforcement and Lawful Development issues
- Judicial review and other challenges in the High Court to decisions of public bodies
- Prosecutions involving breaches of Health and Safety, Food law and other regulations
He trained in Local Government in London and advised a number of planning authorities at a senior level until 2005 when he entered private practice in Birmingham. He has over 30 years experience.
Matthew lives in Staffordshire with wife Jan. Passions apart from planning law centre on aviation; Matthew is a pilot and the owner of a microlight aircraft stationed at a field in South Staffordshire and is pleased to give local clients and their family and friends experience of flight in a light aircraft.