Niki is a highly experienced solicitor specialising in commercial and property litigation. During her career, she has worked both in private practice for firms such as DWF LLP and in-house for Virgin Media.
Niki advocates the importance of communication with her clients together with understanding their needs and the commercial reality of a situation. She is always eager to explore other, often less costly, methods of resolving a dispute wherever possible and takes a common sense approach in dealing with every instruction. If litigation is necessary, she has the experience and expertise to successfully guide her clients through the process.
Niki prides herself on her professionalism and dedication to her clients. She made the decision to join Setfords as Senior Consultant so she has the autonomy to provide her clients with the very best service.
Niki appreciates that the cost of obtaining legal advice and assistance can be a concern for clients. For this reason, she offers an initial no-obligation free consultation and will, where appropriate, consider fixed/capped fees. Niki believes in transparency from the start on the issue of costs and will ensure this continues throughout her instruction.
Areas of Expertise
- Property Disputes
- Lease renewals (both opposed and unopposed), interim rent applications, Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 notices;
- Recovery of rent and service charges;
- Breach of covenant;
- Interim and terminal dilapidations;
- Possession, forfeiture, section 146 notices and relief from forfeiture applications;
- Termination of tenancies, operation of break clauses, issues on yielding up;
- Easements, nuisance, trespass, boundary disputes.
- Breach of contract/ warranty
- Professional negligence
- Injunctive relief
- Retention of title
- Directors’ duties
- Debt recovery