I am a Commercial Contracts Solicitor specialising in drafting and negotiating Contracts. I have experience working in both Private Practice and In-House. I am a trained Advocate in the lower Courts.
I qualified in 2009 at a reputable London law firm. I won finalist for Best Woman in Construction Law 2019 (WICE AWARDS).
I balance my love of technology with my experience as a legal advisor to the Board of Directors (front and centre) at a multi-national Rail business (c16.4bn turnover) which makes me a unique figure in the Rail and Technology space.
Having a background in Construction Law, I understand the complexities of construction projects combining technology that include innovative ideas and solutions that make all our lives safer.
I have negotiated complex deals in Japan, Singapore, USA, Spain, Denmark and the UK. I have a special interest in Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and its interplay with the growth of businesses.
Using the negotiation skills developed as an Advocate, I focus my energy on strategic positioning and what really matters to you. I can review your contracts or create new ones, and I can also carry out high level negotiation strategies to support you along the journey.
As I grow with you, together we can look at risks within your business and discuss measures to put in place that either mitigates or prevents risk to ensure your longevity. For those entrepreneurs, new to the business world, I can provide you with your ‘commercial toolkit’ to ensure that your first contract is not your last.
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Contract Reviews (Risk & Reward analysis)
- Intellectual Property Law (including Artificial Intelligence)
- R&D Agreements | Copyright Agreements | Patent Law
- General Commercial Law + Construction Law
- Railway Legislation
- Depot Leases and Renewals (including licensing)
- Design and Build Contracts (track, signalling, depots, stations)
- Termination and Exit Strategies.
- SaaS and Long-Term Support and Maintenance Contracts
- Employment and Consultancy
- Governance Structure Advice
- In-house Seminars and Webinars on current railway issues
I love learning. On a weekend you can either find me at a coffee shop or sat in the garden with a good audio book.