Dhiren qualified as a Solicitor in 1990 and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience in a variety of both contentious and non-contentious work.
He is a practical lawyer and is careful in providing legal advice within a commercial context that focuses on clients needs.
Dhiren provides both legal and commercial advice to a wide range of commercial and individual clients. Approachable, down to earth and supportive to clients, Dhiren brings his all round experience to legal problems, giving advice that is commercial, accessible and practical.
- Acted on a £1,000,000.00 claim against the Solicitors Compensation Fund arising from misappropriation of funds by the clients former Solicitor during a conveyancing transaction and dealing with a potential claim by a mortgagee for funds advanced.
- Acted on a claim involving substantial damages against a shopping mall landlord for misrepresentation in granting a lease of a unit to be used for a food franchise.
- Acted for a freehold owner of a 2 acre commercial property in relation to a dispute relating to outstanding rent of £400,000. The case concerned a dispute arising from an oral agreement. The occupier defended the claim and counterclaimed for a substantial sum alleged to be due respect of demolition work undertaken by the occupier The case concerned issues relating to:
- a.the oral agreement,
- b.enforcement action by the owner and application by the occupier for an order preventing the owner from enforcing the controlled goods agreement
- c.The principles applicable to ex parte applications
The case was favourably settled in favour of the freehold owner
- Acting for Defendants on a local authority prosecution for failure to comply with an Enforcement Notice contrary to sections 179(4) and 179(5) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and opposing an application for a confiscation order pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Acting on claims and defending claims for secured and unsecured debts
- Shareholders disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Unfair prejudice claims
- Commercial and Residential property, including business leases, freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, business acquisitions and disposals, partnership agreements
Acting on the purchase and sales of pharmacies and nursing homes
- Acting for lenders and borrowers on bridging finance transactions
- Acting on the sale and purchase of bar/restaurant businesses
- Acting on a residential development purchase and subsequent sales of individual flats
- Acting on the acquisition of franchise businesses
- Advising on property refurbishment contract
Dhiren is passionate about sports and particularly enjoys golf and tennis.