Ifath deals with a broad range of town and country planning matters acting for developers, private clients and local authorities. Ifath has worked in both local government and the private sector and has led on town centre regeneration work and major developments. Ifath is also a Roll B Parliamentary Agent having worked on the High Speed 2 project for a number of local authorities.
Ifath specialises in:
Planning, environmental and public law issues in development and regeneration projects. She has worked in both the public and private sectors and advises extensively on planning, affordable housing, CIL, financial contributions, planning policy, CPO, governance and constitutional issues. She has extensive experience in major town centre redevelopment and regeneration projects, mixed developments of retail, residential and commercial/leisure from early planning stages through to delivery and related appeals. Ifath also has extensive experience in enforcement, Certificates of Established Use and Lawful Development, planning appeals and S288 appeals having represented her clients at inquiries and appeals. Having worked in local government, Ifath has extensive experience of advising at committees, on Code of Conduct matters and public law matters. Ifath has also worked for last 5 years on the High Speed 2 Phase 1 for local authority clients and remains involved in this work as the project is delivered.
- Park Street, Southwark, London – major development comprising redevelopment of site to provide mixed use development providing three new buildings, basement, lower ground and ground floor plus part 9,14 and 18 storeys with residential, retail and cultural facilities and off site social housing – advising client on S106 agreements, S73 application, highways agreements and overseeing the compliance of conditions and discharge of obligations.
- Chiltern, Buckinghamshire - Acting on behalf of District Council in development of major allocated site to provide 264 new dwellings (Use Class C3), including conversion of Grade II listed manor house and associated buildings and erection of new fitness and sports facilities (Use Class D1) and energy/recycling centre with associated S106 agreement dealing with phasing of development, affordable housing, transfer of land, bus service and education contributions and major sites in both Chiltern and South Bucks.
- Oakley Vale, Corby – Acting on behalf of Council on S106 agreement for development comprising up to 530 dwellings, local centre, primary school/community facility, open space, sports facilities, highway works with related infrastructure works.
- The Onley, Braintree – successfully appealed Enforcement Notice for alleged breach of development concerning a platform on the site and car parking served by Council, resulting in withdrawal of notice and full costs to client.
- Guildford – Acting for private developers in negotiations on S106 agreements on number of sites.
- Aylesbury Woodlands, Buckinghamshire - Advising Bucks Advantage on S106 Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Co- Operation Agreements and highways infrastructure relating to major development comprising 1,100 homes, commercial business centre, provision of primary school, provision of sports village, construction of link road and related highways works, financial contributions and open space/ landscape matters.
- High Speed 2 Buckinghamshire- petitioning on behalf of local authority clients on the High Speed Rail bill Phase 1 to secure better mitigation landscape, noise and key design principles.
- Purley – Client exploring entering into long lease for site, carried out due diligence and identified issues around lawful use of site, need for Certificate of Established Use prior to entering lease on site together with legal agreement to protect client’s interest. Highlighting potential planning issues, need for planning permission and Certificate of Lawful Established use and requisite evidence.
- Corby – advising Council on Neighbourhood Planning Steering Committee Terms of Reference.
- Kinburn Street, London – advising client on Air B&B options, Council Tax and HMO licensing requirements
- Judicially reviewing decision of Fareham Borough Council in granting planning permission for redevelopment of land at the Apex Centre, Hampshire.
Muslim Women Power List 2010 Listed in the top 20 Most Powerful Muslim Women in the UK of the Commission of Human Rights and Equalities Muslim Women Power List 2010 and nominated for CEDAR’s European Muslim Women of Influence List 2010
What our clients say
“Throughout this demanding workload I have found Ifath Nawaz calm, able to give cogent and objective advice, and able to both be a good team member and lead on projects and issues. Indeed, she has built up a valuable area of experience and knowledge and the high regard our HS2 work has is in no small measure down to her drive and enthusiasm.”
- Bob Smith, Acting Chief Executive, Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils, August 2016