Nicola is an experienced consultant solicitor who has over 20 years of wills and probate experience. Her extensive expertise includes:
- Drafting Wills and Wills with trusts and inheritance tax advice.
- All aspects of administration of estates, intestate or with wills, including all HMRC. inheritance tax forms, applying for a grant of probate, collecting in assets in the estates, estate accounts.
- Drafting General Power of Attorneys and Lasting Power of Attorney's including Financial and Health and Welfare.
- Applying for Deputyship, and all applications to the Office of the Public Guardian and Court of Protection including statutory wills.
- Dealing with Trusts, trust meetings and minutes.
Qualifications and association memberships:- Nicola is
- A member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioner since2008 and has the designation TEP after her name. Those who successfully pass these exams are the most experienced and knowledgeable in their field.
- An accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) which is an independent, national organisation of lawyers, such as solicitors, barristers, and legal executives who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers. Only 1% of lawyers are members of Solicitors for the Elderly.
- A member of the Law Society's Probate section.
- Passed ACTAPS Exams in 2010 ACTAPS is the Association of Contentious Trust and probate specialists..
Nicola also has an MBA ( Masters in Business Administration) and a LLB (hons) law degree.
Nicola is happy to conduct an initial short free interview on the telephone. She is also happy to do home visits, hospital visits or Skype, or meet in the Chancery Lane London office or Guildford office of Setfords whichever being the most convenient for the client.
After being a partner and head of department in her old law firm in London, Nicola also has keen interest, experience and knowledge in how businesses are managed and was awarded a distinction in her MBA. She is also management consultant advising companies and lecturing on strategy, competitive positioning, leadership, marketing, innovation and being an entrepreneur.