Nicola is an experienced consultant solicitor who has over 20 years of wills and probate experience. Her extensive expertise includes:
- Drafting Wills and Wills with trusts and inheritance tax advice.
- All aspects of administration of estates, intestate or with wills, including all HMRC. inheritance tax forms, applying for a grant of probate, collecting in assets in the estates, estate accounts.
- Drafting General Power of Attorneys and Lasting Power of Attorney's including Financial and Health and Welfare.
- Applying for Deputyship, and all applications to the Office of the Public Guardian and Court of Protection including statutory wills.
- Dealing with Trusts, trust meetings and minutes.
Qualifications and association memberships:- Nicola is
- A member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioner since2008 and has the designation TEP after her name. Those who successfully pass these exams are the most experienced and knowledgeable in their field.
- An accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) which is an independent, national organisation of lawyers, such as solicitors, barristers, and legal executives who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers. Only 1% of lawyers are members of Solicitors for the Elderly.
- A member of the Law Society's Probate section.
- Passed ACTAPS Exams in 2010 ACTAPS is the Association of Contentious Trust and probate specialists..
Nicola also has an MBA ( Masters in Business Administration) and a LLB (hons) law degree.
Nicola is happy to conduct an initial short free interview on the telephone. She is also happy to do home visits, hospital visits or Skype, or meet in the Chancery Lane London office or Guildford office of Setfords whichever being the most convenient for the client.
After being a partner and head of department in her old law firm in London, Nicola also has keen interest, experience and knowledge in how businesses are managed and was awarded a distinction in her MBA. She is also management consultant advising companies and lecturing on strategy, competitive positioning, leadership, marketing, innovation and being an entrepreneur.
What Nicola's clients say
“Thank you Nicola! As already said in my email, your assistance on this complicated Will was most appreciated. I have already used Setfords in the past on the recommendation of my son - in that instance it was for property transfer reasons & was dealt with by Sophie Dowdall, who again was very efficient and helpful.”
- DB,February 2017
“I will refer Nicky to my friends, she is really good.”
- KB,November 2016
“We were very pleased with Nicola's service. She made everything very clear and was very patient with us as we took a while to make decisions.”
- BB,November 2016
“After my husband died I knew I had to sort out legal matters but didn't know where to start. Nicola was kind, caring and professionally efficient and took all the anxieties away. She gently took me through procedures . Always keeping me informed promptly. How lucky was I! Excellent. ”
- JB,December 2015
“The dealings that I have had with this company have been very satisfactory. They have a friendly manner whilst remaining wholly professional. Excellent. ”
- JBB,November 2015
“Nicola Cochran was professionally excellent while being empathetic, kind and patient while helping me with my Will and Power of Attorney after the death of my husband. The worse time of my life when I had so much to cope with Nicola made this part easy for me. E mail replies were always prompt with updated information. I feel lucky to have found Setfords as they are professional and also caring for their clients.”
- JB,October 2015
“Very impressed at how I was made to feel as thought I had been using Setfords for years. All communication was deal with promptly. First Class service with the added personal touch.”
- TB,October 2015
“Very impressed at how I was made to feel as thought I had been using Setfords for years. First Class service with the added personal touch.”
- TB,October 2015