Jonathan is an experienced Commercial Property solicitor practising in Sheffield.
He trained with national practice Irwin Mitchell with whom he gained 10 + years post qualified experience before joining niche commercial firm Ironmonger Curtis where he specialised in commercial property transactions and corporate support work and became a partner.
Jonathan acts for small to medium-sized enterprises and private individuals on a broad range of property matters. His commitment to, and understanding of key issues and concerns gains him repeat instructions from valued clients.
Jonathan joined Setfords in September 2020 and brings connections with property agents, accountants, financial advisers and finance brokers in the Sheffield & South Yorkshire region.
Jonathan can act on a wide range of commercial property transactions including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and long leasehold properties
- Secured lending and re-mortgaging
- Purchase of land for development
- Options to purchase and contracts conditional on planning
- Purchase of investment properties
- Commercial leases for offices, shops, industrial units, healthcare, pubs and restaurants
- Lease management: licenses to assign/underlet, deeds of variation, deeds of release
- Lease renewal work
- Easements, covenants and other rights and restrictions over land.
Jonathan can also offer advice and assistance on:
- Business start-up or relocation
- Landlord & tenant issues for commercial property
- Lease renewals
- Real estate
- Mortgages and re-mortgages
Outside of work Jonathan enjoys cycling in the Peak District, watching football (Huddersfield Town) and following most sports.
In September 2019 he completed the Deloitte Ride Across Britain, cycling from Land’s End to John O Groats in 9 days.
He is married and has two young daughters.