As litigation specialist, Tessie is based from our Guildford office and joined Setfords in March 2014 from the civil claims division of a not-for-profit organisation.
Tessie obtained her LLB Law Degree graduating with First-class Honours from the Open University in 2013 and completed her training with Setfords focusing on Litigation and Employment. Tessie qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) in 2020 and specialises in the following areas:
- Residential landlord and tenant disputes including possession proceedings and deposit claims, regularly acting for both Landlords and Tenants
- Land disputes - adverse possession, nuisance, trespass, boundaries, rights of way, general easements and covenants
- Contractual disputes relating to the provision of goods and/or services
- Debt recovery
- Contractual disputes in the County Court
- Enforcement of judgments
- Professional negligence – including claims against surveyors, accountants and solicitors
- Advising upon and negotiating employee termination packages (Settlement Agreements)
Tessie offers a free initial no-obligation consultation and is happy to consider fixed/capped fees for appropriate matters.
Tessie acts for clients throughout the UK, as well as for property investors worldwide.
Outside of work, Tessie is a keen runner, being a member of her local running club.