Carlton has 18 years experience as a litigator and during his career he has acted in eight cases significant enough to be recorded in the law reports - all of which he won.
Although he has particular expertise in property litigation, Carlton is experienced in just about every area of both civil and commercial litigation including:-
- Credit control/debt collection
- Contractual disputes
- Landlord /Tenant disputes (both residential and commercial)
- Boundary Disputes
- Construction disputes
- Dilapidation disputes
- Disputes between business Partners or Shareholders
- Personal Insolvency (acting both for Trustees in Bankruptcy or the Bankrupt)
- Liquidations (acting for and against Administrators, Liquidators and directors) and
Carlton has dealt with the whole range of court proceedings from conducting small claims in the County Court to judicial reviews and emergency injunctions in both the Queens Bench and Chancery divisions of the High Court.
Carlton’s approach is to prepare as though a court trial is inevitable but to do everything possible to avoid it and to minimise the costs by the tactical and strategic use of:-
- the various forms of offers to settle,
- round table discussions,
- mediation and
- interim court applications.
Carlton is happy to act as his client’s legal representative in proceedings or to simply act as an adviser on any part of the proceedings where he client wishes to act in person.
If you are a business client Carlton provides a “Credit Control Healthcheck” service where he visits your offices to review your entire billing procedure from estimate to invoice to see if any changes can be made to reduce bad debts and avoid disputes before they arise.
Legal 500 2017 Edition: Carlton’s “knowledge, commitment, drive and communication are exemplary.’