Laura Smith qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Prior to joining Setfords in September 2016 she worked in a central London Firm and has over 10 years’ experience dealing with a wide range of residential and commercial property work for all manner of clients.
Her areas of specialisms include:
- Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases varying from the sale or purchase of a home to the acquisition and disposal of large scale property portfolios
- Remortgages and equity release schemes
- Transfers of equity and matrimonial transfers
- Leasehold enfranchisement (residential lease extensions and tenant acquisition of freehold reversions)
- Sale and purchase of newly built property
- Acting for developers in setting up residential estate paperwork and selling off individual plots
- Business leases
- Licences to assign, underlet and licences for alterations;
- Option, overage and pre-emption agreements; and
- Scaffold licences.
Laura prides herself on offering a tailor made service to suit the individual client. She appreciates how stressful moving house can be and for that reason always tries to ensure that the legal process runs as smoothly as possible. Clients have praised her on her excellent communication and for always ensuring that they are kept fully up to date throughout the transaction. She is calm, approachable, pragmatic and always prepared to go the extra mile to make a transaction happen.
Laura lives with her family in Wanstead, East London and has two young children.