Enquire with us today
Call our team on 0330 058 4011 or fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Setfords’ planning team provides their clients with a comprehensive and highly skilled service by lawyers with extensive experience in the public and private sector.
Our lawyers lead on regeneration projects, national infrastructure projects, developments of various mixes and sizes including the High Speed 2 scheme, Aylesbury Woodlands development, Wycombe Town Centre regeneration and redevelopment, CPO/Side Roads orders for Somerset County Council, Newlands Park redevelopment, traffic regulation orders and advising on growth areas in the Midlands and South East.
Our team comprises lawyers who have extensive experience of handling planning matters ranging from advice on proposed schemes, to due diligence, land assembly, compulsory purchase, planning policy, development control, legal challenges to planning decisions and legal agreements.
We also handle all aspects of enforcement matters ranging from enforcement notices including stop notices, temporary stop notices, breach of condition notices, prosecutions through to appeals and handling of public inquiries.
We act on behalf of a number of local authorities on their planning matters and we also represent private developers on their planning projects, and work with our real estate lawyers to deal with any issues arising on the land assembly.
For any issues concerning planning and environmental law, you will find the wide experience of our lawyers valuable from start to finish of your projects. Our work includes:
- Advise on planning policy
- Advising on infrastructure projects – High Speed 2
- Planning applications
- Planning agreements and Highways agreements
- Appeals and inquiries
- Town and village greens
- Planning prosecutions
- Enforcement matters for local authorities and those served with notices
- Compulsory purchase
- Highways, footpaths, rights of way and private rights
- Environment issues
- Judicial reviews
- Light aviation matters for local authorities and landowners
- Acting on behalf of District Council in development of major allocated site to provide 264 new dwellings (Use Class C3), including conversion of Grade II listed manor house and associated buildings and erection of new fitness and sports facilities (Use Class D1) and energy/recycling centre with associated S106 agreement dealing with phasing of development, affordable housing, transfer of land, bus service and education contributions and major sites in both Chiltern and South Bucks.
- Advising major developers on S106, S38 and S278 Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Co- Operation Agreements relating to major development comprising 1,100 homes, commercial business centre, provision of primary school, provision of sports village, construction of link road and related highways works, financial contributions and open space, landscape matters.
- Acting on behalf of local authority client on number of S106 agreements comprising residential, commercial, leisure, highways and related infrastructure work
- Advising clients on Community Infrastructure Liability.
- Acting for landowners and local authorities on small airfields and lawfulness and extend of lawful use.
- Advising occupiers of Party Wall agreements and leading on negotiations.
- Representing private clients on enforcement matter where outbuilding had been erected without planning permission, and secured planning permission without local authority embarking on enforcement action.
- Acted for and advising clients being prosecuted for non compliance with planning Enforcement Notice in West London.
- Advising clients objecting to planning applications of their neighbours resulting in the application being withdrawn.