Chris Morgan is a private client solicitor specialising in all aspects of estate planning and administration with a particular interest in trusts.
Chris qualified in 2010 and is an affiliate member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners. He began his career as a criminal defence lawyer before specialising in private client law and has managed successful practices in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Born and raised in Hereford Chris holds degrees from Warwick University (LLB Law) and Nottingham Law School (LLM Health Law). Chris returned to Hereford to complete his training as a solicitor and now lives with his wife and two children in the city.
Chris is happy to meet clients at times convenient to them, including at home in the evenings and weekends and can do so both in person and remotely.
Chris can assist and advise in the following areas:
- Estate Planning
- Inheritance Tax
- Lifetime gifts
- Wills, including:
- Complex wills
- Wills for the vulnerable
- Will trusts
- Lasting Powers of Attorney, including:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney for health and welfare
- Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and financial affairs
- Lasting Powers of Attorney for business owners
- Advance Directives
- Court of Protection Applications, including:
- Deputyship Applications
- Applications to sell property
- Approval of Gifts
- Statutory Wills (wills made by a court for those unable to make a standard will)
- All aspects of Estate Administration
- Trusts, including:
- Administration of trusts
- Appointment of trustees
- Retirement of trustees
- Taxation of trusts
- Ending Trusts
- Contentious Probate Matters including:
- Claims relating to the validity of wills
- Proprietary estoppel
- Breach of trust
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
Chris will also represent clients in respect of criminal litigation and road traffic matters on a private paying basis and remains accredited by the Law Society in criminal law.