The world of Education Law can be complex and confusing. This can be hugely frustrating and stressful when all you want is the best outcome for the person involved.
Here at Setfords, our dedicated Education Lawyers are here to help you achieve just that.
With a particular focus on assisting with special educational needs and disabilities (SEN/SEND) cases, our lawyers will provide you with a professional, empathetic, and efficient service for your education law needs.
Our Education Lawyers’ Specialisms
Our Education Law Solicitors deal with a wide range of matters. We are particularly experienced in the following:
An EHC Plan details a child or young person’s special educational needs alongside the support they must receive and the school they will attend. We can help you at every stage of the process, including making an application to your local authority for a needs assessment, advice about what is written in the EHC Plan and your options if you disagree with a local authority’s decision.
If you are not happy with the results of an EHC needs assessment, a decision not to issue an EHC Plan, the content of an EHC Plan including that your chosen school has not been included, or a decision to end an EHC Plan, you can apply to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal to appeal the decision. Our education solicitors can assist you with your case.
Consultant public law solicitor
Steven Baylis is an experienced solicitor specialising in Education Law. His particular specialisms include:
- Representing families in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunals
- Challenging local authority decisions, including failure to secure educational provision or provide home to school transport
- Assisting families with applications for EHC needs assessments
- Challenges against the content of EHC
- Plans, including school placement
- Challenging decisions to cease to maintain EHC Plan
- Dealing with claims for disability discrimination against schools and colleges
- Admissions and exclusions cases.
- Education and community care law and cases in the Court of Protection involving mental capacity, best interests and deprivation of liberty
Why Setfords for Education Lawyers?
Unlike most law firms, we operate in a way that gives our lawyers all the support and flexibility they need to deliver a truly personal service at a price you can afford.
Finding the right lawyer is important to ensure you get the best outcome. Our education solicitors are experts in this often complex sector and have many years of experience they will use to support you.
Our unique and flexible structure allows our lawyers to work fully remotely, so they don’t necessarily have to be local to you in order to assist you.