Paul is a highly experienced business and corporate lawyer with extensive experience in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and private equity. Paul's clients include private and public companies, investment funds and entrepreneurs.
His recent work includes:
- Advising on stock market listings, including AIM, LSE main market, Nasdaq First North and Vienna Borse
- Acting for the issuer of a £100 million bond programme on Euronext Dublin
- Advising on various fund raising programmes by private placement of shares
- Acting for the sellers in a complex multi-jurisdictional sale of an international school in Spain
- Acting for the sellers in a £16.5 million cash and stock sale of telecommunications software company DXI Limited to 8x8 inc.
Paul initially qualified a barrister and developed a wide ranging civil law practice. He became a solicitor in 1985 and was a partner in Ingledew Botterell Roche & Temperley which became part of Eversheds in 1988.
Paul joined Riversoft plc, a network management software developer, as in house counsel, head of HR and company secretary in 1999 where he led the team which managed the listing of the company’s shares on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. When Riversoft plc was acquired in 2002, Paul joined Ferguson Solicitors in February 2003 where he worked as head of the corporate department. In 2009 he set up Puxon Murray LLP which merged with Child and Child in October 2016.
Paul joined Setfords in February 2019.