The government has unveiled a series of measures in the Queen’s Speech that it hopes will give a ‘boost’ to businesses. Some of the proposals announced were:
- To make it easier for small businesses to access finance and remove red tape.
- Measures to tackle zero-hours contracts and national minimum wage abuses.
- A corporate ownership bill which will make it easier to punish rogue company directors by increasing the period for which they can be disqualified and awarding compensation to victims.
- The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment bill to give business owners fairer access to compete for £230bn worth of annual public procurement contracts.
- Measures to ensure larger companies pay small business owners promptly for work they do for them.