At Setfords we have lawyers who’ve been both tenants and landlords, so you’ll be dealing with people who genuinely understand how it feels to be on both sides of the door.
Rental income and the idea of being a landlord sounds great in theory, but the reality can be very different. It’s all too easy to end up in a situation that feels beyond your control. It’s a similar story if you’re a tenant, and when things do go wrong you can quickly discover how complex and overwhelming property law can be.
We realise it can be a highly stressful experience and our job will be to help you quickly get a handle on what’s going on, give you the options about how to move forward, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible in the most cost-effective way.
- Possession proceedings and advice in relation to properties let under Assured Tenancies and Rent Act tenancies.
- Possession proceedings against squatters and trespassers.
- Drafting tenancy agreements (fixed fees can be arranged).
- Pre-contractual advice to landlords and tenants on the terms of tenancy agreements (fixed fees can be arranged).
- Advice on deposits and representation in litigation regarding deposits.
We can help you with
- Forfeiture proceedings
- Lease disputes
- Disputed lease renewals or terminations
- Right to manage claims (including defending RTM claims against leaseholders)
- LVT proceedings
We can help your business with
Why use Setfords for Landlord and Tenant matters?
- We offer a friendly and personal service which is always timely and relevant.
- We can provide expert advice at a competitive price.
- Upon instruction you’ll deal with an experienced solicitor from start to finish.