In these changing times it is imperative that you have lawyers who understand your goals and deadlines and can be relied upon to get the job done as quickly as possible without the need to be constantly chased. From a RTB to a PFI we can work with you.
Our property team has worked in the housing and regeneration sector for over 20 years, acting for registered providers of social housing, housing action trusts, local authorities and also for national housing developers.
The team has extensive knowledge of the ever increasing range of development routes and home-ownership models available to the sector.
We pride ourselves in working with our clients as an extension of their in-house development teams, as opposed to being an external resource. It matters to us that you meet your development and grant funding deadlines and we work hard to ensure that they are achieved with as little stress as possible.
We think that it is crucial that the site set-up process for sale schemes is dealt with simultaneously with the acquisition. We see ourselves as the conduit between our clients’ development team and their sales team, ensuring a seamless transition from development to sale so capital gains can be maximised as quickly as possible.
We are always happy to have an informal discussion or meeting without obligation so that you can be sure you are making the right decision in seeking our help and support.
The team has experience in all types of property transactions from a Right to Buy to a Public Finance Initiative:
- Land/site acquisition and disposals
- Development agreements – multi-party and golden brick
- JV and SPV acquisition vehicles
- Collaboration agreement
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- JCT contracts
- Exclusivity agreements
- Section 106 agreements and deeds of variation
- Nomination agreements
- Infrastructure agreements
- Commercial leases and landlord & tenant
- Specialist management company formation
- Right to Buy and Right to Acquire disposals
- Property acquisitions
- Shared ownership set-up and disposals
- Shared equity schemes set-up and disposals
- Shared ownership for the elderly
- Shared ownership in rural areas
- Open market sales
- Stock transfers
- Stock swaps
- Stock rationalisation
- Sales of surplus land
- Finance, securitisation and charging
We provide bespoke training for our clients to enable them to develop their team’s skills and knowledge base.
Why use Setfords for Housing and Regeneration
- We offer a friendly and personal service which is always timely and relevant.
- We can provide expert advice at a competitive price.
- Upon instruction you’ll deal with an experienced solicitor from start to finish.