Acquisitions and Disposals
- Acted on the sale of 5/7 Chancery Lane for £76m to a Singaporean high-net-worth.
- Worked on the corporate acquisition of Hammersmith Shopping Centre for £150m by Schroders.
- Acted for M&G Real Estate on the £70m acquisition of 46 UK industrial estates.
- Acted for Home From Home Care on the sale and leaseback of its care home portfolio for £20m with Alpha Real Estate.
- Acted for Topland Henley Healthcare on the sale of a care home portfolio of 26 sites for £65m to Civitas Housing.
- Acted for social housing organisations such as Town and Country Housing Group and Amicus Horizon Housing on the acquisition, financing and disposal of social housing portfolios.
- Acted for nationwide care home operator Country Court Care Homes on the £40m development acquisition of four purpose-built care homes from LNT Care Developments and utilising funding from Cheyne Capital.
- Acted on both the HS1 and Crossrail projects, dealing with the CPO process and diverting utilities.
- Acted for Telford Homes on the £100m corporate acquisition and forward funding of The Perfume Factory, London, with Realstar.
- Acted for Telford Homes on the corporate buyout of Redrow from the corporate vehicle owning Brentford Market for £100m for future forward funding.
- Acted for student accommodation provider Uninn Investment Fund, which is backed by Chinese high-net-worth investment, on acquisitions, development, financing and lettings.
- Acted for a US insurer taking a lease of space in 22 Bishopsgate for a rent of circa £2.5m.
- Acted for Department of Culture, Media and Sport on its lease renewal at Tottenham Court Road for an annual rent of £720k.
- Acted for Wagamama on a pre-let at Westfield Derby, conditional on planning, works and licensing.
- Acted for Country Court Care Homes taking an operating lease of a care home in Saffron Walden at a rent of £400k p.a. with an option to take a further long lease for an £8m premium. The operating lease contained EBITDARM, CAPEX and other financial and management obligations and restrictions on change of control.
- Acted for the RSPCA and the John Marshall Charity on lettings and general portfolio management.
Real Estate Finance
- Acted for Wells Fargo Bank on a £400m re-finance of 14 nationwide multi-let retail sites.
- Acted for Country Court Care Homes on the refinance of its portfolio for £166m with Cheyne Capital following an aborted sale and leaseback with Octopus Healthcare. The refinance also comprised a corporate restructure.
- Acted for Shore Capital on the provision of investment and/or debt to start-up and expanding businesses. Transactions ranged from construction of care homes/senior living to start-up gastro pubs, gyms and crematorium.
- Acted for EFG Private Bank as part of its legal panel on commercial and residential property lending and development finance.
- Acted for Cake Box on its IPO.
Ajay qualified as a solicitor in 2011. Prior to joining Setfords in 2022, he worked at the following firms:
- Keystone Law
- Memery Crystal
- Charles Russell Speechlys
- Stephenson Harwood
- Cripps Pemberton Greenish
Speak to a specialist solicitor on 0330 058 4011Contact us