Avoiding delays to the conveyancing process
Many causes of delays in property transactions are out of the control of your conveyancer and are typically due to the complexity of the property, the chain, or waiting on documents from other parties. It is important to understand the most common issues that can impede the process:
- Not returning initial papers, identification and transferring funds to the conveyancer promptly
- Waiting for the mortgage valuation and/or a survey to be completed
- Obtaining Leasehold Packs from Third Party Managing Agents
- Not declaring gifted deposits or necessary source and origin of funds information
- Mortgage offer expiring before exchange of contracts
- Not supplying full or adequate replies to the enquiries of buyer’s conveyancer
- Receiving responses and legal documents from others in the chain
- Others in the chain not being ready to exchange or having different time scales
- Not signing required legal documents on time
- Providing incorrect information on Mortgage Application forms.
I pride myself on being a personable, responsive and technology driven solicitor, using a cloud-based case management system that allows me to minimise unnecessary delays to my clients.
Please note that these guides are for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice. You can contact one of our expert consultant lawyers using the form below.