Rachel is a solicitor with over 16 years experience in a wide range of residential and commercial property transactions, with particular expertise in the social housing sector. Rachel gained her experience in a top 50 UK law firm and was a senior member of a team ranked in the top-tier by Legal 500 and Band 1 by Chambers UK.
Rachel deals with the following types of matters:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold properties
- Preparing sale packs for new build properties and auctions
- New-build plot sales
- Shared equity schemes
- Shared ownership
- Deed of variation
- Deeds of postponement
- Licence to assign
- Right to buy and right to acquire
- Leasehold scheme for the elderly
- Mortgage rescue
Recent examples of residential property work include:
Sales and purchases:
Rachel has dealt with hundreds of thousands of residential property transactions during her career, including specialist low cost home ownership schemes, as set out above.
New build plot sales:
Rachel has dealt with the acquisition of land for housing redevelopment for a Welsh Housing Association and was able to prepare the sale packs for ongoing sales, with ease, as the majority of the information required for the sale packs was available to her, and she was familiar with the site. This included the drafting of contract for sale, transfer deed and estate guidance notes.
Rachel has dealt with the preparation of sale packs for an English Housing Association where the site was acquired by another solicitor. This involved the drafting of the documentation required for open market sales (being sold by the Housing Association’s commercial arm) and shared ownership sales.
- Acquisitions of development sites including package deals
- Section 104 agreements
- Deeds of easement
- Section 38 agreements
- Section 278 agreements
- Electricity substation leases and transfers
- Overage agreements
- Option agreements
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Secured lending (lender or borrower)
- Commercial leases
- Lease assignments
- Deeds of variation
- Licence for alterations
- Sale and lease backs
Recent examples of commercial property work include:
- Acting for a housing association in the acquisition of development land pursuant to a section 106 agreement conditional upon the seller acquiring the land and conditional upon planning with a licence back to the developer on completion to build pursuant to a building contract.
- Advising on the acquisition of land being transferred in two separate phases conditional on planning with a post-development value of £7,112,952.
- Acquisition of land for housing redevelopment with a post-development value of £9,000,000.
- Sale of a former care home and the drafting of a lease back of part.
- Sale of an ambulance station including the drafting and negotiation of overage provisions.
Acting in the acquisition of an industrial estate for £1,650,000 including overage provisions and acting for the lender. The transaction also included a simultaneous sale of part to a third party.
Acting for a housing association developer in drafting and negotiating an option agreement with a £20,000 option fee.
Acting for a housing association in respect of an £11,000,000 refinance of 234 properties, which included reviewing various titles and sample search results, resolving title issues, and preparing the certificate of title to the satisfaction of the proposed lender’s solicitor.
Rachel prides herself on being diligent and efficient; running transactions in a timely and consistent manner to meet clients’ needs. Clients comment on how friendly and approachable Rachel is and how she always responds with speed and accuracy from the beginning of a transaction and throughout.