A trained Civil & Commercial Mediator, Marian has experience of providing a range of support to business owners which include:
Information Technology / Telecoms:
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and giving commercially pragmatic advice on a number of agreements such as Professional Services Agreements, Cloud Services Agreements (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), Cyber Security Services Agreements, Master Service Agreements together with corresponding SOWs and Service Level Agreements, Telecoms Contracts, Framework Agreements, Telecoms Reseller Agreements, Software Distribution Agreements, Software Licencing and Software Subscription Agreements.
- Working closely with different business functions including Sales, Operations, Procurement, Professional Support Services and Engineering.
- Supporting businesses on diverse BAU contracting activities including purchases of Data Centres, IT hardware, Public Cloud Services, Connectivity, Business Systems and Marketing Services.
Data Protection (Privacy):
- Providing support and practical solutions for matters relating to Data Protection and related Risk Assessments.
- Drafting various Contract Addenda and Intra-Group Agreements to ensure compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Liaising with stakeholders on a range of Data Protection issues.
- Drafting a plethora of policies to ensure compliance with GDPR.
- Providing advice on Data Protection / Privacy issues.
Intellectual Property / Litigation:
- Drafting witness statements, affidavit of service, winding up petition and particulars of claim.
- Managing claims and filing various documents at Court.
- Drafting trademark applications and copyright notices.
- Providing support with respect to preparing defence for intellectual property right infringement claim.
- Providing advice on and managing intellectual property assets.
- Drafting terms and conditions for the use of websites including terms of advertising.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and giving advice on numerous agreements which include (but not limited to) recruitment services agreements, technical and engineering services agreements, healthcare services agreements, distribution agreements, teaming agreements, call-off contracts, public sector framework agreements and variation agreements.
- Providing advice on issues such as TUPE, unfair dismissal, employment tribunal claims, compassionate leave and employee redundancy.
- Drafting documents which include compromise agreements, staff handbook, employment tribunal claims and contracts of employment.
Corporate / Company:
- Conducting due diligence in relation to mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Drafting documents regarding share purchase, share swap and asset purchase.
- Drafting agreements / documents such as shareholders’ agreements, goodwill and business name assignment, non-disclosure agreements, board and shareholders’ resolutions.
- Drafting and filing statutory documents in relation to the transfer of shares, appointment and termination of directors and change of registered office address.
- Providing guidance and advice on directors’ duties under Companies Act 2006.