Kumer has over 27 years experience of advising and representing businesses and individuals in all areas of property litigation.
Kumer graduated from the University of Oxford in 1989, trained at Pinsent & Co (now Pinsent Masons) and after qualifying as a Solicitor, has worked in Yorkshire ever since, including as a partner at a regional firm. Kumer remains based in the city of Leeds.
Kumer has an excellent record of achieving successful outcomes for both local and nationally based clients at competitive cost. He quickly grasps the issues and is able to provide prompt and effective advice at the outset, followed by skilful and relentless representation in order to pursue his client’s interests. Where possible his aim is to recover legal costs incurred by the client from the opponent.
Kumer deals with all areas of property litigation including those listed below.
Business lease disputes:
- Lease renewal claims including service of and response to section 25/26 notices and dealing with all aspects to negotiated conclusion or determination by court
- Dilapidations/Disrepair claims
- Pursuing/Defending actions for recovery of rent arrears and other sums
- Service Charge disputes and Rent Reviews
- Breaches of obligations set out in the lease
- Lease termination issues, break clauses, forfeiture by re-entry and pursuing/defending possession claims
Residential Tenancy Disputes:
- Section 21 and Section 8 Notices and possession claims
- Disrepair claims
- Rent recovery
- Deposit claims
- Breaches of tenancy and injunctions
- Anti-social behaviour
- Rights of Way, Rights of Light, Rights of Support
- Restrictive Covenants
- Boundary disputes
- Damage to property
- Access to neighbouring land for works
- Party Wall Act notices and issues
- New Builds disputes
- Adverse Possession claims
Other Linked areas:
- Property contract disputes, specific performance and notices to complete
- Misrepresentation claims
- Professional negligence claims against Solicitors, Surveyors and other professional advisers arising out of property transactions
- Charges/Mortgages enforcement and applications for sale
- Overage claims
Kumer is a member of the Property Litigation Association. He has extensive experience of court procedures and advocacy, as well as Mediation and Expert Determination including through PACT.