Jonathon is a specialist residential and commercial property solicitor, with over 18 years pre- and post-qualification property law experience.
Residential property experience includes:
- Leasehold and Freehold sales and purchases
- New build plot sales and purchases including Help to Buy
- Auction sales and purchases
- Transfers of Equity and Equity release
- Leasehold deeds of variation
- Probate transfers, sales, assents and matrimonial transfers
- Freehold purchase
- Shared ownership sales and purchases
- Buy to let sales and purchase including Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
Commercial property experience includes:
- Acquisition and disposal of residential, commercial and mixed-use properties
- Conditional and unconditional contracts
- Commercial property auction sales and purchases
- Residential development including site acquisition, setup and sales including drafting and negotiating the associated statutory agreements
- Acting for landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating leases and associated documents including licences to assign, alter and underlease, agreements for lease, rent deposit deeds and heads of terms
- Individual property and portfolio refinance
- Corporate support
- Option Agreements and pre-emption agreements
- Acquiring properties for and leasing properties on behalf of SIPPs and SSAS (Self-Invested Personal Pensions and Small Self Administered Schemes)
Jonathon acts on transactions throughout England and Wales for a wide range of national and international clients as well individuals, partnerships, property development companies, trusts, charities, PLCs, limited companies and limited liability partnerships. He has also previously acted for public authorities and housing associations.
Notable previous transactions and roles:
- Assisting in the sale of a multi-site gym business to a well-known gym chain headed by a celebrity owner and former Dragons’ Den judge.
- Acting on behalf of a prominent Duke with land holdings throughout the UK.
- Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2012, Jonathon has held roles at a number of regional and national firms including Napthens, Brabners and Stephensons.
- Prior to qualifying as a solicitor Jonathon worked in-house for UK house builder Taylor Wimpey specialising in the sale of new build and part exchange properties.
Jonathon is a self-confessed property fanatic. Away from the day job, he has a keen interest in property development, investment, renovation, DIY, interior and property design.