Johannes Duminy started his legal career in South Africa and qualifying as a solicitor in England in 2009. Johannes has over 12 years’ experience in both litigation and non-contentious commercial matters. Johannes’ litigation experience includes professional negligence claims, construction claims, financial services claims, property disputes, shareholders and partnership disputes, breach of confidentiality claims and mortgage mis-selling claims.
Johannes has litigated in forums such as the High Court, County Court, Small Claims Court, First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber), European Small Claims Court and various Ombudsman forums including the Financial Ombudsman Service. Johannes also represented clients successfully in Mediation and adjudication.
Johannes has a very good understanding of the legal challenges faced by small or medium size businesses in the UK and across the world and he is committed to walking a road with his clients, no matter how big or small they are. Johannes believes that legal advice should not only be robust but also commercially viable and must make commercial sense.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Law - De Montfort University, Leicester
- City and Guilds qualification in basic electrical and mechanical engineering - British Army School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering - Bordon, Hampshire
- Insolvency Practitioners of South Africa (IPSA) Diploma - University of Pretoria - South Africa
- LLB - University of Pretoria – South Africa
- Advised and negotiation on complex construction related claims for an international hotel group
- Successfully negotiating mortgage releases for various clients against a major high street bank
- Successfully recovered losses incurred by company directors as a result of negligent pension advice
- Successfully mediated a claim for fiduciary duties against a former director
Johannes enjoys sports, travelling and spending time with his family.
Afrikaans, Dutch and Flemish