After completing a Business Law degree at Bournemouth University Jason qualified as a solicitor in 2005 and has worked for traditional firms in Bournemouth including Laceys Solicitors, Ellis Jones and Rawlins Davy.
He deals with a full spectrum of both property and private client work including the following:
- Jason has considerable experience in dealing with flat lease extension work and uses the skills that he gained to explain this complex area of law in a manner that is straightforward and understandable. In this area of law he acts for a range of clients including:
- Flat owners wishing to extend their lease. Jason is willing to advise on voluntary lease extension offers made to flat owners by freeholders and the possible alternative option available to the flat owner which is to make a statutory lease extension claim.
- Freeholders of residential blocks of flats that have received claims for a new lease from flat owners.
- Headleaseholders who must protect their interests when a lease claim is made by a flat owner.
- Jason has forged links with leading local chartered surveyors who carry out lease extension valuations and negotiations of the premium payable for an extended lease.
- Residential conveyancing, including sales, purchases, transfers of equity and remortgages of both freehold and leasehold property.
- Jason is also happy to advise on options available to clients who are experiencing difficulty selling their flat because of the short unexpired lease term remaining.
- Commercial leases including assignments, grants, renewals and sublettings of commercial premises.
- Wills, Probate and Lasting Powers of Attorney. Jason has also worked in the trust department of Barclays Bank Trust Company and the private client department of Rawlins Davy and is well placed to offer sensitive and caring advice and guidance on this area of law to the elderly and vunerable.
- Jason is happy to travel the extra mile in order to get a job done. He strives to maintain a high level of customer service and part of that service includes giving clients sufficient information to allow them to understand their options and make informed choices.
“Jason Smith was a saviour during a period of family crisis. He not only took us through the complexities of a sheltered housing lease, completing the purchase efficiently, but provided important reassurance to an elderly parent worried about leaving her home and to a family unsure of the options available. He has acted for us in subsequent conveyancing and we have no hesitation is recommending him to others”
- Mrs O’Connell
“Leasehold sales are never straight forward, and Jason coped with the demands of the sellers, the sellers agent, our agent and us, keeping us informed at all stages of the process”
“We approached Jason after a personal recommendation and have found him to be very helpful and lucid in his explanations. He conveyed two properties this year and all went very smoothly. However Jason really distinguished himself when we came under unreasonable pressure from very aggressive developers. Jason was excellent on relieving our considerable stress and managed to guide us through and negotiate a very satisfactory outcome. I cannot commend his kindness, clarity and cool professionalism high enough. Best regards”
“Jason explained everything to us very well so we could understand it. Very pleased with his service”
“Excellent and friendly advice and service from Jason Smith – Thank you!”
“Mr Jason Smith was excellent in dealing with client queries and explaining everything in a simple language which was easy to understand”
Outside of work
Jason enjoys keeping active by attempting to get a new Personal Best at the Bournemouth Park Run on Saturday mornings. He also enjoys spending time with his family, watching his son play rugby or his daughters compete in local gymnastics events. He also enjoys and getting out and about exploring the amazing Jurassic coastline of Dorset.
I would love to hear from you..
Jason is always pleased to hear from new clients with prospective cases and offers a free initial case review or discussion.