Charles Guthrie LLB, TEP qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and is based in central and south London. Charles has extensive experience in all areas of conveyancing work, both Residential Conveyancing and Commercial Conveyancing. Charles can assist with:
- Freehold and Leasehold sales and purchases
- Remortgages and equity release schemes
- Transfers of equity and matrimonial transfers
- Residential lease extensions and tenant acquisition of freehold reversions
- Sale and purchase of newly built property
- Acting for Developers in setting up Residential Estate paperwork and selling off individual plots
- Business Leases
- Business Acquisitions and Disposals
- Partnership Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
Charles also has extensive experience as a private client laywer from his time working as a solicitor in south coast retirement areas and holds full membership of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). Charles is expert in and can assist with:
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney application
- Court of Protection including Deputy Orders
- Trusts including advising on the creation, administration and termination of trusts
- General Trusts and Estate planning
- Inheritance Tax planning to minimise potential tax liabilities.
- International tax planning including advice on residence, domicile and double tax treaty issues
- Advice relating to lifetime gifts.
Charles has over ten years experience as a practising lawyer. Charles holds a Law degree from Durham University, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Law from the College of Law Guildford, and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Notarial Practice from Cambridge University.
Charles lives with his family in South Croydon and has three young children.