Carlton is a Property Litigator in Reading who has 18 years experience as a litigator. He has acted in eight cases significant enough to be recorded in the law reports – all of which he won.
For 10 years before entering the legal profession Carlton ran his own residential lettings business in West London and this experience enables him to understand the practicalities of residential landlord/tenant law. Carlton regularly acts for both landlords and tenants of residential property and has presented seminars on the subject and although he is based in Berkshire he has acted in cases across the UK.
Carlton’s approach to such matters is always to try to calm the situation by explaining the legal position to the neighbour in a conciliatory and non-confrontational tone. Only if this does not have the desired effect and the problem persists would he then recommend court action and applying for an injunction if necessary. It is often particularly beneficial for Carlton to make a site visit in such cases and he would be willing to visit you in your home to discuss the matter if you are not too far from Reading.
Legal 500 2017 Edition: Carlton’s “knowledge, commitment, drive and communication are exemplary’
We can help you with
- Neighbour and boundary disputes
- Adverse possession (for claimants and defendants)
- Disputes in respect of rights of way, prescriptive rights and easements
- Disputes involving restrictive covenants
- Right to light and party wall disputes
- Nuisance and trespass claims
- Possession claims
- Claims in respect of property development projects and litigation involving ransom strips
- Disputes involving conditional land contracts, option and overage agreements
- Claims against property professionals such as solicitors, builders and surveyors
Why use Setfords for Property Litigation?
- We offer a friendly and personal service which is always timely and relevant.
- Our specialists will contact you within 60 minutes during normal office hours.
- All our clients receive the best possible advice, from experienced lawyers.