Setfords’ planning team provides their clients with a comprehensive and highly skilled service by lawyers with extensive experience in the public and private sector.
Our lawyers lead on regeneration projects, national infrastructure projects, developments of various mixes and sizes including the High Speed 2 scheme, Aylesbury Woodlands development, Oakley Vale Development in Corby, Wycombe Town Centre regeneration and redevelopment, Newlands Park redevelopment, traffic regulation orders and advising on growth areas in the Midlands and South East.
Our team comprises lawyers who have extensive experience of handling planning matters ranging from advice on proposed schemes, due diligence, land assembly, compulsory purchase, planning policy, development control, enforcement and planning prosecutions, legal challenges to planning decisions and legal agreements.
See below for a full list of planning related services and for projects our planning team has worked on.
Our planning team can assist with:
- Advise on planning policy
- Advising on infrastructure projects – High Speed 2
- Planning applications
- Planning agreements and Highways agreements
- Appeals and inquiries
- Town and village greens
- Planning prosecutions
- Enforcement matters for local authorities and those served with notices
- Compulsory purchase
- Highways, footpaths, rights of way and private rights
- Environment issues
- Judicial reviews
- Light aviation matters for local authorities and landowners
- Acting on behalf of District Council in development of major allocated site to provide 264 new dwellings (Use Class C3), including conversion of Grade II listed manor house and associated buildings and erection of new fitness and sports facilities (Use Class D1) and energy/recycling centre with associated S106 agreement dealing with phasing of development, affordable housing, transfer of land, bus service and education contributions and major sites in both Chiltern and South Bucks.
- Advising major developers on S106, S38 and S278 Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Co- Operation Agreements relating to major development comprising 1,100 homes, commercial business centre, provision of primary school, provision of sports village, construction of link road and related highways works, financial contributions and open space, landscape matters.
- Acting on behalf of local authority client on number of S106 agreements comprising residential, commercial, leisure, highways and related infrastructure work.
- Advising clients on Community Infrastructure Liability.
- Acting for landowners and local authorities on small airfields and lawfulness and extend of lawful use.
- Advising occupiers of Party Wall agreements and leading on negotiations.
- Acting on behalf of local authority client for development comprising 530 dwellings, a local centre, primary school, community facility, open space, multi use games area and playing fields with on site and off site highway works.
- Prosecutions for non compliance with enforcement notices and Confiscation Orders under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Successfully advising and acting on behalf of local authority on judicial review of its decision based on advice given on weight to be attached to planning policy, prematurity and reasons for granting planning permission.
- Advising client on grounds to judicially review Council’s decision to grant planning permission which impacted on the client’s amenities.
- Addressing communities on Commons and Towns and Villages Greens and related issues.
High Speed 2 Work:
- High Speed 2 petitioning and appearing before Select Committees.
- High Speed 2 governance and constitutional matters.
- Project Management.
- Training seminars.